Welcome to the Secret Level of Gamification.org, the Partners Area!
Since creating Gamification.org in November of 2010, this wiki has went from being a small side-project for Gamify where we were collecting our own research, to now becoming the most visited resource for gamification. With your help, we can improve Gamification.org and bring it to the entire world -- making an impact on how people think and operate -- in business, education and more. Please check-out all the sections below and go through the Getting Started section when you are ready. This partners portal is an early WIP so let me know any questions you have.
Thank you all for your support, we truly appreciate it and are excited to have you all joining us as partners!
Not yet a partner? E-mail us at email@example.com and let us know who you are and why you're interested in being a partner/how you can help.
Let's Gamify the World together! :)
Before you get started translating, please try to go through and complete this list!
- Bookmark this page as well as gamification.org/x! :)
- New to editing wikis? Then first you should read Wiki 101. Or feel free to just return to this section at any time, for reference.
- Customize your profile. It will be seen everywhere and should reflect how you want others to perceive you. Edit it by going to http://gamification.org/wiki/User:X. Here is a decent example, feel free to copy as you like. **Note** All Gamification.org languages and wikis share the samer User Database, so you only need to do this once!
- Visit the discussion page and introduce yourself by editing the page and writing under the appropriate section. Leave a signature in the discussion by using ~~~~. It's good beginner practice.
- Setup notifications and your settings. This part is important to see new content people create on your wiki, and to be able to watch certian pages so you will be notified when they're changed.
- Read the Guidelines to understand what is acceptable and not when editing and translating the Gamification Wiki.
- Check the side-bar that shows the different partners. If there is another partner for your language, please reach out to them and communicate to work together!
Ready to get started?:) The guides below will help you.
After you've translated the most important pages and built up some quality content, you can:
- Translate the Gamification Wiki into every major language.
- Improve Gamification.org content(quality, quantity and breadth) in all languages.
- Promote Gamification.org -- increasing traffic and influence.
- Gamification.org as the #1 Google result for Gamification in every country.
- Everyone involved benefits by working together!
- We are looking for help to build out vertical wikis with a focus on specific topics such as Education and Enterprise. If you're interested in helping with these, please let us know!
- Your link in the Contribution Partners section of gamification.org/x. Will be listed alphabetically with link to your user profile + company name/url. If we find that some partners are contributing significantly more content than others, we can revise this guideline. For an example, please check out Template:SponsorsExample.
- Have videos or want to create relevant video content? We have http://youtube.com/gamification, just waiting to be used properly. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with Youtube in Subject if you want us to consider adding your video. If you add a video on our Youtube, we will also promote it on http://facebook.com/gamification and http://twitter.com/gamification.
- Guest blog on Gamification.net. If you have something you'd like to talk about -- in English, please e-mail us with Guest Blog in the subject.
- We have setup @GamificationX for every country we're working with. We will find ways for everyone to leverage this to promote http://gamification.org/x.
Promoting Your Wiki
- Promote the Gamification Wiki on your website by adding a badge / link to gamification.org/x on your website and anywhere else that it makes sense. It will bring the wiki traffic which helps us all, and credibility for you.
- Promote on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #gamification. Let us know when your wiki is good to go and one time we will tweet it out on @Gamification -- but only once as we shouldn't tweet a lot for non-English content using that account. We have setup @GamificationX for those!
- If you own a company, it's probably a good idea to do a press release in your country mentioning your company's participation in Gamification.org for your country. We will help to promote the press release. Note that press releases do not drive tons of traffic -- but they do help initial links to help boost Google rankings for the subject as well as to build credibility.
- Promote usage of Google+, Facebook Like and Twitter on the page. The more social sharing we have, the more people will find the page and the more highly Google will rank it!
- Setup Google Alerts to track talk about gamification, game mechanics, serious games or other relevant topics in your language and if you wish, English as well. Join in on the discussion with comments and when there is value, mention the Gamification Wiki. We have gotten many mentions just by contacting reporters who wrote stories and giving them value by telling them it could be a useful resource for their readers -- and for them, to make it easier to explain what gamification is.
- Anything else you can think of! Every little bit helps for http://gamification.org/x and http://gamification.org. Please feel free to edit and add your own ideas here.
Your initiation video... :)
- We've setup a leaderboard of top contributors that will be displayed on the main wiki.
- Each week we will tweet the top contributors for the prior week using @gamification.
- Later we may use of Social Profile extension. http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SocialProfile which could be fun:)
- Please just consider this a simple way to see your progress and friendly competition -- we're all in this together!
- Please provide any feedback on this.
Any valuable links to useful information for editing the wiki should go here.. or whatever else you think is a good resource!
Legal Disclaimer: Nothing on this website should be considered to form a legally binding partnership. All parties work together without contract and in good faith as part of a web community.